I've been thinking
Well I promised a post a long time ago but now is when I'm finally getting around to posting.
A couple weeks ago I went to our church's college Bible study and one of the things we discussed there was what we desired or would like in our future wives and the requirements that God states in the bible. Also the past couple of Sundays Pastor Larry has been going over what a man should be and what a woman should be and at times relating it to the family and marriage situation. All this has made me start thinking more about what I want in my future wife and what the bible says I should be looking for. Also it has made me analyze myself and see if I met the requirements that God lays before us about what a man should be.
The only requirement that God states in the bible about what a man should look for in a future wife is that she should have a spirit of submission towards him. This in a way sounds really simple because the woman who has a spirit of submission everything else naturally follows. But of course having a spirit of submission is a very loaded attribute that entails a lot of things. I want a girl that allows me to provide for her, and that allows me to fulfill the role that God has chosen for me, in other words I want a girl that allows me to love her like Christ love the church.
I know is not usual for guys to be thinking about marriage like this, and for most people it seems strange but for some reason I catch myself thinking about it a LOT. Marriage is just something that I really desired and I pray to God every day that in if its his will and according to his plan he will provide me with the girl just right for me, the girl that I will marry and that I will have a family with. Its hard a lot of times to keep all your trust in him, it tough. A lot of times you catch yourself doubting what God is doing in your life, and thinking that God is not doing the best job he can. During moments like that is when we should all bow down ad pray that God gives us faith and strength to keep his commandments and to remember his promises and his word.
Well this has been kind of a random outburst of what has been going on in my mind lately, some of if is not 100% coherent but my mind is never 100% coherent so...since I talked about marriage I can't end this post without this. I think I may have found the coolest song ever for my wedding and I will share the lyrics of the song with y'all.
When God Made You - by Newsong
(Guys)
Its always been a mystery to me,
How two hearts can come together,
And love can last forever.
But now that I have found you I believe,
That a miracle has come when God sends the perfect one.
So gone are all my questions about why,
And I've never been so sure of anything in my life
~Chorus~
Oh I wonder what God was thinking,when he created you.
I wonder if He knew everything I would need,
Because he made all my dreams come true.
When God made you, He must have been thinking about me.
(Girls)
Ooo ooo,I promise that wherever you may go, wherever life may lead you,
With all my heart I'll be there too.
And from this moment on I want you to know,
I'll let nothing come between us, and I will love the ones you love.
(guy):So gone are all my questions about why (girl echoes):about why
Duet:
Oh I wonder what God was thinking when he created you,
I wonder if He knew everythin I would need,
Because He made all my dreams come true.
When God made you He must've been thinking about me.
Bridge
He made the sun He made the moon,
To harmonize a perfect tune,
One can't do without the other they just have to be together.
And that is how I know its true,
Your for me and I'm for you and my world
Just cant be right without you in my life
Chorus
(guy)
He must have heard every prayer I've been praying (girl echo)
I've been praying (both)He must've knew everything I would need
When God made you, He must've been thinking about me.
Anyways, I'm so playing that song at my wedding whenever it happens, it just fits so well!
Well I hope all of you have an awesome day and I will try and post in shorter cycles next time =)


14 Comments:
yay you finally posted again!! ;)
very good thoughts...
thank you for your comment!
~Katherine
welcome! and thanks for the comment! =)
hey! YAY!! I can comment now! coolness. i really like your last updaye, very cool.
OH YAH! you don't really know me huh? well, my name is Bethany H.
Sonstrom. on of Emilys best
friends, and i'm Kates friend
too. =D
oh cool! yeah i didn't really know who you were but now i do! well I'm a friend of Stephanie's i got to the same church she does..perhaps maybe I've seen you but I'm really bad with faces and names...anyways...thanks for the comments!
nope, you haven't seen me! LOL! i live in CT. if ya wanna know what i look like, you could give me your e-mail, and i could send you a pic. anyway, i'm 15.
lol oh ok..well sure you can send it to me if you want. My email is jonathan_florentino@verizon.net. Oh and I'm 19 =P
coolness! =D i just sent you one. how long have you been saved?
since summer 2002..i was baptized on october 2002 =) So 4 years..
COOL!!! That's awesome!!! so your at collage?
oh! do ya got AIM????
yes I do. Its JEFG87
cool, what dose that stand for? mine is BHSHELP
it stands for my full name and the year i was born.
Post a Comment
<< Home