Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My Future Computer Upgrade

Well I've been doing some research on my next computer upgrade and I think I've come up with all the parts that I need for my upgrade. I'm gonna be buying a new CPU, Video Card, RAM and Motherboard. I'm still a little undecided as to which CPU I'm gonna buy. Trying to decide between the Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 or the E6600.

Well for everyones pleasure here are the pics of the parts I'm planning on buying.

CPU


Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13Ghz
2MB L2 Cache
Price: $223









Motherboard

MSI 975X Platinum ATX Intel 975X
Price: $170











RAM


Patriot DDR2 700 PC5600 RAM
2GB
Latency: 4-3-3-12
Price: $200








Video Card

eVGA Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS
320bit- 640MB GDDR3
PCI-Express 16x
Price: $470









Total: $1,070

Not a bad price considering all the stuff are pretty good components especially the video card. Now I can spend 100 dollars more and get a E6600 CPU which runs considerably faster than the E6400 and has twice the L2 Cache. But that decision depends on how much money I have.

Well there you go, this serves as undeniable proof of my geekness...lol

6 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Emily said...

wow...i hardly know a thing about computers! Sounds pretty confusing to me now, but i guess once you learn about it, it can be pretty cool.

that's cool that you kind of met Beth...I've been best friends with her all my life! She's incredibly nice. =)

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

yeah..i just have to be able to pull the trigger and just buy it. Yeah we have kinda met, she started posting on my blog and it kinda went from there so far she has been really cool =)

Its strange though, i haven't personally met any of you..at all..lol

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! well Jonathan, you know i have ZERO clue what on earth all that stuff is. But if it makes you happy, that's good! =D

And, yah, it's kinda weird that we have never met, but, i haven't seen Em in like 11 years! and i don't even remember very much about the last time i saw her. =(

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, jonathan, I have seen you before. i believe we both went to camp with heritage in '02 (the Survivor year). I remember your brother won the bellyflop contest and you won second (?) and this past summer i went to camp again (hadn't been since 2002) and i saw you at church we just never spoke. you probably saw me chatting away with stephanie though. :)

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

well i must honestly say i don't remember =( But perhaps when you come by here just say hi to me so i know who you are and stuff =)

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*BEEMS* *BEEEEEEEEEEEEEMS* *SMILES SO BIG FACE FALL OFF*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home