Tuesday, May 29, 2007

summer...oh how awesome is the summer!

well well...like the title says this summer so far has been great and a lot of fun. Unlike last summer which was rather dull and had some not good times. This summer looks promising and seems like is going to be GREAT!

Well to start off, I finished my semester with good grades so I was happy with that, hopefully with the grades I got I'll be able to get some much needed scholarships that i need. I sent all my applications with my awesome kiss up personal essay, hehe, hey you have to kiss up to impress the people reading it. Although I'm not very confident in my writing skills with regards to personal essays but we'll see how it goes.

Now, this is something that made me very very happy and I'm REALLY excited about it! I got a job!! woohoo I'll be working for Cisco, in their IP Phone Division in the Richardson, TX office. Its sooo awesome! About 2 weeks ago a friend of mine from school, Amber (who is also working at Cisco), talked to me and told me that she had given my name to her manager at Cisco when he asked her for people that wanted to work. I sent him an email with my resume and everything and the very next day I got a reply telling me about the job and asking for a time to have an interview. Well i had the interview a few days later, and the next day I got a call from the Human Resources department saying I had gotten the job and they were going to start working on my offer. Well today I got an email from the HR representative where she told me my salary, start date and everything and that the actual contract that i have to sign will come in tomorrow. I'll be making $25/hr working full time during the summer and part time during the school year. I'm really happy, since 25$/hr for my first job is really good. I really have to thank God for His blessings and for everything that He does for us!

Well now getting to other things that have been happening. This past weekend was our church's family camp. Me and my dad went, the rest of my family couldn't come b/c we were having people fly in to stay with us, so only me and my dad were able to go. Nonetheless, it was so much fun! The preaching was great! We as a church are truly blessed with such good pastors and speakers, we must always thank the Lord for everything and never take anything for granted. We got there Thursday afternoon, we ate dinner then heard a message then it was free time. Me, Stephanie, Rachel, Hannah, Daniel and other people spent the whole night playing Balderdash, that was a very interesting experience. The things that we came up with were very very strange especially later at night (fat spy for those who know about this, Stephanie, *wink*). On Friday we ate breakfast and had some more sermons all of which were awesome and a great encouragement. After that we had lunch, walked around a bit (same group as before). While walking Steph let me use her camera to take pictures of very important things such as feet, grass, stop signs and tree stumps hahahaha. Me and my dad had to leave that Friday afternoon because of the people flying in from Georgia and Florida to stay at our house, I really wish I would have been able to stay the whole camp.

Saturday I got to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3 with Stephanie! It was such an awesome movie! I really really liked it, unlike the reviews it got and from what other people had said. I thought it was a great movie! My favorite part was definitely the monkey being shot out of a cannon that was soooo hilarious I couldn't stop laughing. And of course Jack Sparrow is always so much fun to watch. I really had a good time, after that me, Stephanie and her sisters went back to her house and talked and just hung out until I had to leave because we had church the next morning. Well this Thursday me and Stephanie are going to do something we have been planning to do for quite some time. We are going to watch all of the LOTR movies all in a row. Is gonna be an ALL DAY LOTR marathon!! I'm gonna get to her house in the morning and watch LOTR throughout the whole day! I'm really excited about it I can't wait!!

OK, I know this post is very long, but I haven't updated in a while so I have lots to talk about. Finally on Sunday we had my brothers graduation party. We had a LOT of people come. It was a lot of fun and very entertaining. We played games, some Guitar Hero and danced. You know I'm Dominican so my family really likes dancing and a party without dancing is not a party in our eyes. Now, I'm not very good at dancing but is fun nonetheless. My kinda made me dance at first but once I got the hang of it i started to have fun. Plus I was dancing with Steph *wink* which makes it that much more fun. We learned some cool dances and they clapped for us because we didn't really know how to do those dances before the party it was really fun, and Steph I'm a better dancer, no matter what everyone in the whole party said lol

Anyways, I think that's pretty much it. Y'all had plenty of reading material there so enjoy. I may not update often but when I do they are usually really long posts, although i think this has been the longest post i have ever written. I hope all of you have a great summer! and may God bless you all!! TTFN!

-Jonathan

6 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i TOLD you not to worry about that job! dude, you need to listen to me more. oh man, i can't even believe you liked potc 3! pshness!

oh yah, i can't wait to talk to you so i can glote, i was so right. get ready for teasing! MAUHAHAHAHAHA! *EVIL GRINS*

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger katherine said...

cool! glad you are having such a great summer!!! :)

i'll probably see you in like four days. wow that is really soon, this trip came up fast!! :)

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger katherine said...

oh and i LOVE balderdash!! our church played it one new year's eve. SO MUCH FUN!!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

cool! I also think we are planning a trip to Six Flags saturday june the 9th with y'all...you, emily, steph, and some other people. Is going to be a lot of fun :-D

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey jonathan you did not say my name in the ppl going to six flags and me and Audrey started it all *evil looks* i should be more then other ppl lol. anyways thank you for finally updating and I remember also telling you not to worry that you would get the Job BUT YAY anyways. Sounds like your summers great! check out my update on my bolg hehehe so i did not know your family liked to dance you seemed to not enjoy dancing with your sis at Jason and JOys wedding but i guess you partner makes all the diffrence

well see ya at Sixflags

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

hey! wow, i haven't been on blogger in a long time. come to think of it, i haven't been ANYWHERE On the internet in a long time. lol congrats on the job ;) apparently, i'm not the only one who knew it would be fine. :p haha oh, and i believe you're a better a dancer. LOL it was a lot of fun at the party. i enjoyed it. *wink*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home