bye bye summer and fun...hello school and death
I know it has been a LONG time since I have posted here. So I thought I would be nice and finally post so whoever has been anxiously waiting for Jonathan's next post today is the day of rejoicing and happiness! :-p
Ahem...Well to start off I guess I'll talk about how my summer went. My summer basically consisted of working and hanging out with friends during the weekend. As I think I mentioned in one of my previous posts way back when I have been working at Cisco Systems for the past few months and I will be there until April next year then start again in July. Work has been good and I've learned quite a bit. At first it was hard waking up at 6:30 every single day but after a couple of weeks I got used to it and now I actually like having more time in my day! :-D And of course the job pays really really well, especially for me being an intern hehe.
Well during the summer I also got to spend time and do fun with Stephanie! It was awesome, we went to Six Flags a few times, went to a baseball game, and other stuff. It was pretty cool. I gotta say Stephanie is the best girl on this planet :-D Well at least that's how I see her but that's all that matters, right? hehe. Also Harry Potter came out during the summer and I went to see it twice! One of those times was at the IMAX which was VERY cool. The last 30 minutes of the movie were in 3D so that was awesome. My friends and I have also discovered this really fun game called Nertz which we have played a lot of times too. Nertz is basically "solitaire on steroids" as one of my friends puts it. Its very fun but very competitive as well, and if you know me you know that competitiveness leads me to anger and yelling at times. Especially when the game is not going my way ():-) All in all my summer was very fun and entertaining so it saddens me to see it go away but alas time goes on.
This brings me to the second section of my post. School and DEATH! hehe jk jk. As you can tell I have started school. About 2 weeks ago to be exact. This semester I'm taking:
- Electronic Devices
- Electronic Devices Lab
- Signals & Systems
- Signals & Systems Lab
- Discrete Mathematics
- Principles of UNIX
- Astronomy
As you can tell its quite a bit of classes, a total of 17 credit hours. Some tell me that I'm crazy in taking that many hours AND working 20 hours a week but hopefully I'll be able to pull it off. So far it hasn't been too bad. Surely I'm very tired at the end of the day but as long as I get my sleep I'll survive hehe This week I had homework due for all my classes which I managed to finish all of it and turn it in on time (makes me feel so accomplished!)
Last weekend was Labor Day weekend so I had a 3 day weekend!! woohoo! It was pretty fun, had a Nertz party on Friday, I stayed up till like 3am playing board games. i finally got the chance to play Warcraft: The Board Game which was tons of fun. It is just like the game. You can build up your army and send them to slaughter the other team's army hehe. On Saturday I spent the day with Stephanie at her house, and we went to see "No Reservations" at the theater which was a pretty good movie (yes I just said a chick flick was good) It had a lot of funny parts, especially when she slams the steak on the table in front of the guy *winks at Stephanie*. Sunday it was church where we had a baptismal service, that was cool 4 people got baptized which is always good. After church went to one of the pastor's houses where the elders meet and since my dad is an elder all the families get together and hang out basically. I had lil kids jumping on top of me and tickling me which was fun for a moment but then got a little annoying. At least after dinner I got to play Settlers!! Most awesome game in the face of the planet!
Well I think that's pretty much it for today. I'm just hoping that this week finishes easily with no death b/c of school hehe. I hope y'all enjoyed my post and hopefully they won't come so far in between from now on. Until next time!! Bye!
-Jonathan


2 Comments:
awwwwww, aren't you sweet? :-p thanks. i think you're greatest guy on the planet too. ;) oh, and....HA! MY POST IS LONGER! I WIN!!! lol jk, jk.
um, YOU LIKE CHICK FLICKS! hehehehe! you told me that a long time ago, hey, guess what, we have known eachother for like a year. HA!
Post a Comment
<< Home